Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Things I've Learned at the Kardia Academy

Well, we wrapped up our school year a couple weeks ago!  I haven't been so excited about summer break since I was a kid!  Now that I have all this free time (ha!), I've been trying to process this past year.  I'd like to bring it to you all neatly packaged with lots of pictures and witty captions, but that's just not going to happen.  So here are some unfiltered thoughts.  If I can find the time to do it, more may come later.

1) We did it!!...and for the most part, I enjoyed it!  Like most homeschoolers, I am alternately plagued with feelings of "I can do this!" and feelings of "what ever gave me the notion that I could do this?!"  It's led to lots of dependence on God, communication with Eric and cooperation with Sandra.  Good things.

2) I thrive on structure.  I don't mean structure in the sense that every minute is planned.  I tried that kind of schedule in college and it just didn't work for me.  I need a good skeleton to work with, though.  (This fact has actually been confirmed since school ended and we haven't really had much structure to our days.  Working on that.)

3) By and large, our homeschooling goals were accomplished.  Namely, a more relaxed schedule, more time together as a family and more time for Sandra to just be a kid.

Okay.  That's it for now.  Nothing too profound, I know.  Here are a couple cute picture for you, though.  My kids went to VBS in GA with their cousins Trey, Denver and Gabe.  Fun times!


No comments:

Post a Comment