- that organ in the animal body which is the centre of the circulation of the blood, and hence was regarded as the seat of physical life
- denotes the centre of all physical and spiritual life
- the vigour and sense of physical life
- the centre and seat of spiritual life
- the soul or mind, as it is the fountain and seat of the thoughts, passions, desires, appetites, affections, purposes, endeavours
- of the understanding, the faculty and seat of the intelligence
- of the will and character
- of the soul so far as it is affected and stirred in a bad way or good, or of the soul as the seat of the sensibilities, affections, emotions, desires, appetites, passions
- of the middle or central or inmost part of anything, even though inanimate
Today was our first day of school! Sandra was beside herself with excitement. Honestly, she has been thrilled about the prospect of homeschooling since we told her back in June that we'd decided to give it a shot. And over the past couple months, the Lord has been faithful to build the excitement in my heart, as well. To say that I've come to homeschooling reluctantly might not do it justice. But I have to say that today was great. A wonderful beginning. An answer to many prayers. Here are a couple of my favorite quotes.
Sandra: If I have a question, do I have to raise my hand?
Me: No...and you don't have to call me Mrs. Zufall, either. ;)
We didn't do a full-blown schedule, as we're kind of easing in this week and next. So we did school from about 1:00-2:30.
Me: Okay, we're done for today!
Sandra: What?! That's all I have to do for homeschool?