Tuesday, January 15, 2013

It's Been a While...

...like almost seven months since I've posted anything on this blog.  I thought about listing the myriad of reasons for this fact, but then thought better of it.  I think listing those reasons could do one of two things...or maybe both: 1) it could come off as bragging... or 2) it could come off as pathetic.  I don't really want to be seen as either, so I'll just leave it alone.  :)

It's not that I haven't thought about blogging.  Mostly it's that I just haven't had anything to say.  Well, nothing very good or encouraging to say, anyway.  Alas, now I feel I might.  So if it interests you in the least, keep on reading.  If not, just scroll through the pictures.

Sandra - 3rd grade; never too late to post "first day of school pics," right?!

The 2011-2012 school year was the homeschooler's dream year.  Granted, it wasn't completely without it's challenges; it was our first year homeschooling, after all.  But overall it was a wonderful experience.  I never hit the proverbial homeschooler's "wall."  I can't exactly say the same for the fall of 2012.  It's been a bit more rough.  A bit more gritty.  A bit more real.  I think I started the year off at the wall.  It got to the point that, after Christmas break, my husband was ready to re-enroll our 3rd grader into the local school she attended for kindergarten and first grade.

Reuben and Lucy on the first day of preschool. Random, I know...but is that cute, or what?!

But we've chosen to persevere.  Me, mostly.  I've chosen to persevere and Eric is lovingly supporting me.  I've chosen to stick it out and finish this school year at home.  And my goal is to finish this school year well.  Because I think the problem all along has been mostly mine.  Not hers...and not even ours.  I've wanted to say the majority of the problem belonged to my child.  Or that it had to do with our sometimes (many times) tumultuous relationship.  But over Christmas, the Lord gently reminded me that the only person I am responsible (or able) to change is me.  And in reality, I can't even accomplish that!  The only way I can effectively change by is surrendering to Him, letting Him change me.  Because just "trying harder" doesn't work.  At least not in the long run.

So that's the long and the short of it.  I've been learning a lot about myself this year at the Kardia Academy!  Maybe I'll come back and share more soon.  Or maybe not.  You just never know with me and blogging.  :)
 The color in this photo isn't that great, but I think the sibling love more than makes up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment